- Birth Date
- 17 September 1805
- Death Date
- 21 June 1873
James Sawyer Holman
James initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in 1847 with the Charles C. Rich Company as a Captain of Ten, as indicated in Journal History on 21 June 1847.
Then in 1848, the Holman family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company in 1848. The family included James Sawyer and his wife, Naomi Roxania LeBaron, and their children, Harriet Naomi, James Alonzo, Sarah Melissa, Susan Adaline, Sanford, and Silas William.
His nephew, John Greenleaf Holman and his family traveled in the James Lake Company in 1850.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- Charles C. Rich diary, 1846 February-1847 October, 7-16.
- "Died," Deseret News, 9 July 1873, 368.
- First 100, report, 1848 June.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 49.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 5.