- Birth Date
- 22 December 1832
- Death Date
- 31 October 1911
Joseph first came to the Valley in 1850. A couple years after arriving, he was called on a mission to Nova Scotia. While in the East, he married. He and his wife, Sarah, returned to Utah with the Canute Peterson Company in 1856.
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- 2nd Company of 50 report, 1856 June.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- J. Millet on Cape Breton Island, 1927, 89-92.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 7.
- Nelson W. Whipple autobiography and journal, 1859-1887, 79-92.
- Nelson Wheeler Whipple, "Journal of a Pioneer," Instructor 82 no. 3 (March 1947): 121-124.