- Birth Date
- 14 October 1846
- Death Date
- 30 December 1922
Amanda Jane Rogers
Amanda's aunt, Sarah Rogers, is documented in the 1849 Samuel Gully/Orson Spencer Company. The Reuben Miller journal indicates that Sarah traveled with 2 other people, one of which was an Amanda M. Rogers. Amanda Rogers was Sarah's mother's name, but she died in Iowa. We believe the at "Amanda M. Rogers" is actually referring to Anna Matilda Rogers (and the third person would be Anna's 2 year old daughter, Amanda). Amanda Rogers (Sarah's mother) did not have the middle initial of "M."
Birth date is taken from the Council Point Branch records.
- Age at Departure: 2
- 1860 Utah Census, Iron County.
- Council Point Branch roster of members, 1847-1851.
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Reuben Miller letter to Brigham Young, 9 September 1849.
- Rogers, Samuel Hollister, Reminiscences and diary 1841-1886, p. 177. (MS 883, Folder 1)
- "Sarah Rogers Driggs." In Pioneer Women of Arizona, p. 114-117.