- Birth Date
- 24 July 1837
- Death Date
- 27 December 1921
Lydia Margaret Losee
Lydia Margaret Cox
Her birth and death dates are confirmed by her death certificate. Evidence from newspaper records proves that Lydia traveled to Utah in 1852; and a brief life sketch, written by Ellen May Cox Wanlass (a granddaughter who was born in 1885, some thirty-six years before Lydia died,) says: ""Grandma wanted to come to Utah but didn't have a way to come until Grandpa F. W. Cox said she could come with them." Lydia's sister (Jemima,) was a wife of Frederick Walter Cox and they traveled in the John B. Walker Company of 1852. Lydia received a Patriarchal Blessing from Isaac Morley at Manti, Sanpete County, Utah on 3 August 1854, the year she married F. W. Cox as a plural wife, and she appears in his household in the 1856 Utah Territorial census as well as the 1860 and 1870 federal census. At the time of her death Lydia was the wife of Joseph Smith Snow.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Frederick Walter Cox Sr. (Age: 40)
- Emeline Sally Cox (Age: 34)
- Cordelia Calista Cox (Age: 28)
- Jemima Cox (Age: 28)
- Frederick Walter Cox Jr. (Age: 15)
- William Arthur Cox (Age: 11)
- Rosalia Ellen Cox (Age: 6)
- Lovina Emeline Cox (Age: 5)
- Mary Adelaide Cox (Age: 3)
- Therissa Emerett Cox (Age: 3)
- Edwin Marion Cox (Age: 3)
- George Byron Cox (Age: 2)
- Sarah Ann Cox (Age: 1)
- Esther Phelena Cox (Age: Infant)
- Emily Amelia Cox (Age: Infant)
- 1856 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- 1870 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Lydia M. Losee Cox: Grandma Cox," a brief life sketch by Ellen May Cox Wanlass, found in the "Memories" section of Lydia's Family Tree page (KMVM-CRF).
- "Passing Events," Improvement Era , Feb. 1922, 379-80.
- Utah Death Certificates.