- Birth Date
- 26 October 1842
- Death Date
- 20 April 1918
Mary Jane Judson
Daughter of Samuel and Aurilla Rice Judson. Her parents both died at Mt. Pisgah, Iowa so Mary Jane traveled to Utah in the company of Charles C. Rich and as a member of his family. In the 1850 federal census of Utah Mary Jane was in the household of Sarah J. Rich. She later married William Lauritz Hanson. Her birth and death dates are confirmed by her death certificate and the inscription on her gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 4
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 300
- "Called By Death: Mary Jane Hanson," Deseret Evening News, 22 April 1918, 2.
- "Deaths and Funerals," Ogden Standard, 22 Apr. 1918, 9.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 49.
- LDS Pioneer and Handcart Companies, 1847-1856.
- "Pioneer of 1847 Dies in Ogden of Pneumonia," Salt Lake Herald, 21 Apr. 1918, 34.
- Rich, Sarah DeArmon Pea, Autobiography, 1885-1893, [manuscript:] fd. 2, 14.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.