- Birth Date
- 20 March 1838
- Death Date
- 23 October 1925
Virtue traveled with her mother, Sophia, and sisters, Charlotte and Elizabeth, on the ship Windermere from Liverpool, England, arriving in New Orleans on 24 April 1854. Sophia and her daughters traveled to Utah that same year. This is confirmed by Harriet Butcher's autobiography and Sophia's obituary. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company they traveled with. Virtue married Francis D. Clift after her arrival in 1855.
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Death at Ninety-Two, Mrs. Sophia Butcher, a Pioneer, Passes to the Great Beyond," Deseret Evening News, 30 September 1902, 1.
- Find a Grave
- Heath, Harriet Butcher. Autobiography, 1924.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 26.
- Western States Marriage Index, 1809-2011.
- "Widow of Pioneer S. L. Builder Dies," Deseret News, 24 October, p. 3.