- Birth Date
- 25 August 1827
- Death Date
- 10 March 1919
The Personal History of James Hancock, written by his grandson, states that the family came to Utah with the 1852 Abraham O. Smoot Company. He lived in the Salt Lake 5th Ward.
James was rebaptized in Salt Lake City in 1852.
His death certificate gives his date of birth as 27 August 1827, but both FamilySearch and the inscription on his gravestone show his birth date as 25 August 1827.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- Find a Grave (Website)
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- "James Henry Hancock," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.