- Birth Date
- 16 April 1848
- Death Date
- 12 May 1925
Ruth Ann Price
Her obituary says that Ruth Ann came to Utah in 1864 with her sister. The obituary of Mary Price Jones says she and her elder sister Ruth arrived in Utah in 1864. They arrived in New York from Wales on 23 June 1864 via the ship The General McClellan. The British Mission Record (as documented in Mormon Migration) and the ship passenger list has them listed as Ruth P. Evans and Mary P. Evans. (Their father's name was John Evan Price.) However, the Warren Company roster lists them as Ruth and Mary Williams. This mistake in surname may have been made because they were traveling in the company of a the Williams family.
Ruth and Mary also appear in Perpetual Emigrating Fund records under the surname Evans.
- Age at Departure: 16
- Head of Household
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 284.
- "Pioneer Malad Woman Is Called by Death," Deseret News , 13 May 1925, 6.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-Day Saint Immigration to America
- Thomas, Ruth Price, [Reply to questions], in L. D. S. Individual Histories, Idaho, Vol. II (1916), 149.