- Birth Date
- 19 June 1850
- Death Date
- 28 January 1917
Mary Evans Price,
Mary P. Evans
Mary's obituary says she came to Utah in 1864 with her elder sister Ruth. They arrived in New York from Wales on 23 June 1864 via the ship The General McClellan. The British Mission Record (as documented in Mormon Migration) and the ship passenger list has them listed as Ruth P. Evans and Mary P. Evans. (Their father's name was John Evan Price.) However, the Warren Company roster lists them as Ruth and Mary Williams. This mistake in surname may have been made because they were traveling in the company of a the Williams family.
Ruth and Mary also appear in Perpetual Emigrating Fund records under the surname Evans.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.
- Jones, Mary Price, [Reply to questions], in L. D. S. Individual Histories, Idaho, Vol. II (1916), 130.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- "Malad, Idaho: Mrs. Mary Jones of Malad, Answers Call of Death," Deseret Evening News , 6 Feb. 1917, 10.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 284.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America