- Birth Date
- 20 May 1830
- Death Date
- 19 November 1909
The Cluff family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Edward Hunter Company in 1850. The family included David and his wife Elizabeth Hall, and their eleven sons: David Jr., Moses, Benjamin, William Wallace, Joseph, Harvey Harris, Samuel Sampson, Hyrum, Henry, Alfred Aaron, and Orson.
The 1850 Utah census incorrectly shows the family's surname as "Celiff."
- Age at Departure: 20
- David Cluff Sr. (Age: 55)
- Elizabeth Cluff (Age: 44)
- David Cluff Jr. (Age: 23)
- Moses Cluff (Age: 22)
- William Wallace Cluff (Age: 18)
- Joseph Cluff (Age: 16)
- Harvey Harris Cluff (Age: 14)
- Samuel Sampson Cluff (Age: 12)
- Hyrum Cluff (Age: 9)
- Henry Cluff (Age: 7)
- Alfred Aaron Cluff (Age: 5)
- Orson Cluff (Age: 2)
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Benjamin Cluff, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Early Missionary Database
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 8.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.