- Birth Date
- 9 January 1836
- Death Date
- 19 April 1916
Harvey Harris Cluff
The Cluff family initially traveled to the Valley with the Edward Hunter Company in 1850, but Harvey is seen on the plains again in the winter of 1856 when he participated as one of the rescuers that were sent to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming. He is again seen out on the trail in 1868 in the John Gillespie Company on his return trip from a mission in England.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 20
- Age at Departure: 32
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 45th Quorum, Biographies, 1857, vol. 1, in Seventies quorum, records 1844-1975.
- Captain John Gillespie, memorandum book (2), 1868.
- Cluff, Harvey Harris, Autobiography and journals, 1868-1912, vol. 1, 111-13.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Handcart Veterans Unite to Strengthen Old Bonds," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 6 April 1910, 1.
- Harvey H. Cluff autobiography, journals, and scrapbook, 1868-1916, Autobiography, 1868-1888, 8-14.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 8.
- Missionary Database
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters" in Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "Temple Worker Is Called by Death," Salt Lake Tribune, 20 April 1916, 18.
- "The Immigration," Semi-Weekly Telegraph , 20 Aug. 1868, 1.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.