- Birth Date
- 6 April 1845
- Death Date
- 9 April 1896
Maria Christina Jacobsen
Birthe Kirstine Hansen Jacobsen came to Utah with her children Marie and Christian in 1854, the year they sailed to America on the ship Benjamin Adams, arriving in New Orleans, Louisiana on 22 March 1854. A secondary source states that they came to Utah in the 1854 Hans Peter Olsen Company, but we do not have a roster for that company, and a primary source is needed to confirm that information. Further research is needed to confirm the name of the pioneer company that they came to Utah with.
- Age at Departure: 8
- "Death of Sister Housley," Logan Journal, 11 April 1896, 5.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Housley, George Frederick, [Reminiscences], in Life histories of George Frederick Housley and Maria Christina Jacobsen Housley.
- Louisiana, New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945.
- Maria Christina Jacobsen Housley, Biographical information relating to Mormon pioneer overland travel database, 2003-2017.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.