- Birth Date
- 15 November 1828
- Death Date
- 16 May 1898
George Gwillym Bywater
Evidence from emigration, newspaper and genealogical records proves that George traveled to Utah in 1854. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company he traveled with.
More research is needed to confirm his date of birth.
In 1864 he was returning from a mission to the British Isles.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 35
- Returning Missionary
- Edwards, Elizabeth. "Biography" in Biographies of Elizabeth Edwards Hanks, Pioneer of 1864, Sarah and Morgan Edwards, Pioneer of 1864, and George William Hanks, Pioneer of 1857, Ilene Hanks Kingsbury (Salt Lake City, Utah: privately printed, ).
- "From Monday's Daily, May 16," Deseret News [Weekly], 21 May 1898, 720.
- "Got In," Salt Lake Daily Telegraph , 5 Oct. 1864, 3.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Our Immigration," Deseret News [Weekly], 5 October 1864, 4.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 26.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 12.
- "Utah, Salt Lake County, Death Records, 1849-1949."
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.