- Birth Date
- 15 November 1828
- Death Date
- 16 May 1898
George Gwillym Bywater
Sailed to the U.S. in 1854 on the Golconda. Many others who sailed on this ship traveled in the Daniel Garn company. It is possible that George did too. More research is needed to confirm if that is accurate.
Evidence from emigration, newspaper and genealogical records proves that George traveled to Utah in 1854. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company he traveled with.
More research is needed to confirm his date of birth.
In 1864 he was returning from a mission to the British Isles.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 35
- Returning Missionary
- Edwards, Elizabeth. "Biography" in Biographies of Elizabeth Edwards Hanks, Pioneer of 1864, Sarah and Morgan Edwards, Pioneer of 1864, and George William Hanks, Pioneer of 1857, Ilene Hanks Kingsbury (Salt Lake City, Utah: privately printed, ).
- "Got In," Salt Lake Daily Telegraph , 5 Oct. 1864, 3.
- "Local and Other Matters: From Monday's Daily, May 16," Deseret Weekly, 21 May 1898, 720.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Our Immigration," Deseret News [Weekly], 5 October 1864, 4.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 26.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 12.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.