- Birth Date
- 15 December 1846
- Death Date
- 11 October 1933
Henry John Stone
Henry came to Utah in either 1863 or 1864. He likely came in 1863, the year he took a PEF loan for his emigration and sailed to America. But the first documentation to place him in Utah is a marriage in November 1864. Further research is needed to narrow the year of his travel. In some sources his surname is "Stonehouse."
A couple years after arriving, he is seen on the plains again, this time as a teamster for the 1866 Chipman out-and-back company. Henry's family (William Gillard and Jane Stride Stone) was also in the William Chipman Company.
- Age at Departure: Infant
- Age at Departure: 19
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- “Captain Henry Chipman Co., 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book, 1866, 1868. (CR 376 8; Box 2; Folder 17; File 6-7, 55-58)
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Idaho Death Certificates, 1911-1937