- Birth Date
- 21 June 1812
- Death Date
- 22 October 1892
The Thuesen family sailed to America in 1857 on the ship Westmoreland. They did not cross the plains until 1860 although Niels' obituary incorrectly states that the family spent 3 years in Nebraska before coming on to Utah. One of the children (Julia Mariane Margaret) died at Omaha Nebraska. Niels was listed as "Nels Thuison," on the company roster.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Head of Household
- "Death of a Pioneer," Ogden Daily Standard, 10 November 1892, p. 8.
- Emigration list for Spring, 1860.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 22.
- "Local News: Names of Emigrants," The Mountaineer, 18 August 1860, 206.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189.