- Birth Date
- 6 February 1816
- Death Date
- 27 January 1887
Nathaniel Henry Felt
Felt initially traveled with his family to the Valley in 1850, serving as the company chaplain. In 1856, he crossed the plains to the Valley again after working in the east to assist the emigration effort. Almost immediately after arriving, he went back out on the plains to assist in the rescue effort of those Saints stranded on the plains of Wyoming. He crossed the plains a fourth time in 1867, as a returning missionary from Europe. Further research is needed to identify the company he traveled with on the 1867 trip.
He was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 16 March 1851.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 40
- Age at Departure: 40
- Age at Departure: 50
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Arrivals," Deseret News [Weekly], 8 October 1856, 245.
- Burton, Robert Taylor, Diaries 1856-1907, Record book, circa 1856 October-November.
- Edward Hunter and Robert Campbell letter to Brigham Young, 17 July 1850.
- "Elder N. H. Felt: His Funeral Will Be Conducted Tomorrow," Deseret News, 2 February 1887, 44.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- J[aques], J[ohn], "Some Reminiscences," Salt Lake Daily Herald, 8 December 1878, 1.
- John Jaques, "Some Reminiscences," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 29 December 1878, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 7.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1 September 1856, 1-2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 28 October 1856, 1-2.
- "Journey from Florence to G. S. L. City," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 October 1856, 258.
- Lund, Anthon H. Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- Martha S. Heywood reminiscences, undated, Journal, 1850 January-1856 August.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 145.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 54.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.