- Birth Date
- 19 February 1860
- Death Date
- 13 April 1925
Julia Ellen Whitehead
The obituary of Julia Ellen confirms that George Whitehead came to America before his wife and children, but we have not been able to determine the year he sailed to America or the name of the ship. His wife, Julia and her children Julia Elizabeth, George Morris and Charles John sailed to America in 1868 on the ship Colorado.
Note that the obituary of Julia Ellen states that the family came to Utah with the Homer Duncan company, but this is incorrect, as there was no Homer Duncan company in 1868, nor did Homer make a trip back to Utah in 1868. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company with which the family traveled to Utah.
Her surname is "James" on the 1880, 1900 1910 census, death certificate, billion grave and Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 7
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Arizona Census
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- England and Wales, Birth Registration Index, 1837-2008.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Mrs. Julia James Dies," Ogden Standard-Examiner, 13 April 1925, 10.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.