- Birth Date
- 14 February 1814
- Death Date
- 11 October 1897
William Brown Smith
William's obituary states that he arrived in Utah on 17 September 1850. This indicates that he likely traveled with either the Warren Foote or David Evans companies, but further research is needed to determine which.
William later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
Sources disagree on the birth date. Some indicate it was February 1st, others February 14th. Many give only month and year. It is likely he did not know his exact birth date.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Age at Departure: 42
- "A Pioneer Passes Away," Eastern Utah Advocate , 14 Oct. 1897, 1.
- "Death of a Pioneer at Kaysville," The Daily Tribune , 12 Oct. 1897, 8.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Kaysville Ward, Manuscript History and Historical Reports, 1851-1934.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters." Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October. Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.