- Birth Date
- 7 September 1834
- Death Date
- 18 December 1927
The Broadbent family arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. Only George is listed on the company records, as head of household. However, there is a notation indicating he purchased 6 1/2 adult food rations for the overland journey. Based on the family that was with him on the ship records, we believe the people traveling with him were his wife and two daughters, and his wife's mother, brother, sister, and nephew. There may have been more in this traveling group as these people would likely not have needed that amount of food, but further research is needed to determine that.
- Age at Departure: 31
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Funeral Service for Pioneer of 1866 Set For Sunday at 2 p.m." Deseret News , 16 Dec. 1927, 6.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Susie Broadbent," Salt Lake Telegram , 12 Dec. 1927, p. 7.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.