- Birth Date
- 21 June 1853
- Death Date
- 7 June 1921
William Henry Barnes
Richard and Alice Barnes arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. William was traveling with them. (William's exact relationship to Richard is uncertain.) Though only Richard's name is listed on the overland company records, as head of household, the notation that he purchased three adult food rations indicates William and Alice were with him during this part of the journey as well. The amount charged in his PEF account also indicates that the traveling party made up of three people.
- Age at Departure: 13
- 1900 Utah Census.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 345.
- "Pioneer of Heber is Buried," Deseret News , 11 June 1921, 2:8.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.