- Birth Date
- 7 November 1800
- Death Date
- 9 January 1884
John Topham Sr.
John Crossed the Atlantic on the ship Swanton in 1843. According to the Book of the Pioneers he crossed the plains in 1847. This is verified by the records of the Salt Lake 7th Ward which add that he crossed the plains in the 1847 Hunter/Horn Company. This same source says was re-baptized 17 October 1853. At the time of the 1852 Bishop's report he was still living in the Salt Lake City 7th Ward; he was also there in 1859 according to the Directory of Individuals Residing in Salt Lake City.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 2, p. 18.
- Directory of Individuals Residing in Salt Lake City Wards, 1854-1861 , Bountiful, UT.: Accelerated Indexing Systems, 1982 (Early Mormon Series), vol. 1.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Seventh Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.