- Birth Date
- 28 December 1849
- Death Date
- 15 February 1917
Elizabeth Ditchburn Newby
The four Newby sisters sailed to America in 1866 on the Arkwright, arriving 6 July 1866. Though only Margaret's name appears on the overland company records, as head of household, the notation showing she purchased four adult food rations indicates her sisters were all with her for this part of the journey as well. PEF records also confirm all four sisters made the overland trip.
- Age at Departure: 16
- 1900 Utah Census.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News , 24 Mar. 1917, 12.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 361.