- Birth Date
- 1 June 1827
- Death Date
- 26 July 1869
Thomas Leonard Frazier
Thomas served with the Mormon Battalion and was discharged in Los Angeles, California 16 July 1847. The first evidence to place him in Utah is his marriage on 9 March 1849 to Rachel Maxfield Young, daughter of Jemima Angell Young. Therefore, he traveled to Utah in 1847 or 1848. Thomas and Rachel and their family were in the Salt Lake 13th Ward at the time of the 1856 Territorial census. Further research is needed to determine the year he came to Utah and the name of the company he traveled with.
His death date is confirmed by the Deseret News article.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Larson, Carl V. comp. A Database of the Mormon Battalion: An Identification of the Original Members of the Mormon Battallion (Salt Lake City: U.S. Mormon Battalion, 1997), 15.
- "Local and Other Matters. Killed," Deseret Evening News , 27 July 1869, 300.