- Birth Date
- 12 November 1819
- Death Date
- 14 January 1903
Niels Morten Peterson
He served as a Captin of Ten. He came on the ship, Franklin in 1862 as Niels Mortensen with his wife, Mette, and children: Morten, Maren K., Jens, and Anders. He is known as Niels Morten Peterson in FamilySearch/FamilyTree. Maren, Jens and Anders all die at sea.
In some records he is listed as Lynge, which is the name of the farm he is from in Denmark.
- Age at Departure: 42
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Another Pioneer Dies," Salt Lake Herald, 19 Jan. 1903, 3.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- Find a Grave
- Jens C. A. Weibye, reminiscences and journal, circa 1862 in Orson B. West typescript collection, circa 1982-1987, 281-333.
- "Niels Morton Peterson Dead," Ogden Standard Examiner , 17 Jan. 1903, 7.
- Parish Register of Albaek, Hjorring, Denmark.
- United States Index to Indian Wars Pension Files, 1892-1926.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.