- Birth Date
- 31 August 1830
- Death Date
- 25 October 1906
William Chitay Foster
William and his wife Margaret Banks Foster, together with Margaret's brother Cornelius Holmes Banks, crossed the Atlantic aboard the ship General McClellan in 1864. Margaret crossed the plains in the William S. Warren Company (her name appears on the published roster of this company but neither William nor Cornelius are there). Cornelius then drove an ox team across the plains in a government freight train led by a Captain Seely. Perhaps William did too, but additional research is needed to verify this.
- Age at Departure: 33
- 1870 Utah Census, Tooele County.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Tooele: Funeral of a Worthy Citizen," Deseret Evening News , 30 Oct. 1906, 3.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.