- Birth Date
- 3 February 1837
- Death Date
- 31 March 1908
The Hodgson family Jonathan, his children Elizabeth, Harriet, Jeffery and Sarah arrived in New York on 23 June 1864 via the ship General McClellan. The 1864 Rawlins company does not have an existing roster, that we are aware of. However, the Telegraph article noting the death of Jeffery's father, Jonathan Hodgson, confirms that he was part of this company. The PEF record confirms that his daughters, at least, were with him. Jeffery does not appear on the PEF record with his father and three siblings. It is possible he worked as a teamster to pay his passage on of the companies. If that was the case, he could have traveled with any number the companies that left that season. Further research is needed to identify which company he traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigrants Arrived," Salt Lake Daily Telegraph, 21 September 1864, 3.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 315.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.