- Birth Date
- 4 April 1833
- Death Date
- 8 December 1895
McOnley Branch records indicate that Edward received a letter on 11 May 1851, calling him to the Valley, confirming that he traveled in 1851. The first actual documentation to place him in Utah is the 1852 Bishops' Report, which includes his name. Further research is needed to confirm the name of the company he traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 17
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Index to LDS Members in Early Iowa 1839-1860 [electronic database].
- McOlney Branch record, 1848-1851.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.