- Birth Date
- 31 January 1825
- Death Date
- 4 July 1903
Joseph sailed to America alone in 1850 on the ship Argo, arriving in New Orleans, Louisiana 11 March 1850. His surname is listed as "Goodrick" on the ship manifest. The first documentation to prove his arrival in Utah is an article in Journal History 27 June 1852, which includes his name as one of the individuals attending a meeting. This would have been prior to the arrival of that season's emigration.
He received a patriarchal blessing on 4 October 1851, proving he was in Salt Lake City in that year.
Joseph's surname also appears as "Goodrick" in the Salt Lake 15th Ward records in 1852, and as "Goodrich" in the 1856 Utah census and the Deed Book A, when he purchased property in Salt Lake City 22 October 1853.
Married Ann Barton Firth in March 1852.
Birth date is confirmed by West Jordan Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 13 January 1856.
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1856 Utah Census.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 27 June 1852, 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 153.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Deed book A, 1850-1859.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- West Jordan Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.