- Birth Date
- 9 August 1837
- Death Date
- 5 December 1906
George Edward McKinley
Son of Elizabeth Dixon McKinley. Elizabeth's name is included in the company report. Orson Hyde Elliot's journal states that Elizabeth McKinley traveled with her two sons. The sons with whom she traveled were George and Charles. Additional evidence is needed to support his birth date, which came from an online family history source without any accompanying documentation.
In the winter of 1856, George participated in the rescue effort to bring in members of the Church stranded on the plains of Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 19
- 1850 Iowa Census, Des Moines County
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1900 California Census
- California, Death Index, 1905-1939.
- California, Voters Registers, 1866-1898
- Elliott, Orson Hyde, Reminiscences in the Life of Orson Hyde Elliott 1899, 210-216.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "History of Spanish Fork," Tullidge's Quarterly Magazine, 3 (October 1883), 137-170.
- Spanish Fork Ward Manuscript History and Historical Reports, 1851-1900.