- Birth Date
- 10 May 1822
- Death Date
John Joseph Alwin
John came to Utah in 1851 or 1852. He sailed to America in 1850, arriving in New Orleans 1 November 1850. The first documentation to place him in Utah is his rebaptism in the 19th ward the 20 February 1853 which was prior to the arrival of that season's emigration. Further research is needed to narrow the year of his travel.
In 1856 he was residing in the Salt Lake City 10th Ward.
He was mustered into military service 23 October 1852.
His name appears on the 1850 North Atlantic ship manifest with Mary Jane Alwin, age 19, born about 1831, coming from Woolwich. No relationship is given.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 19th Ward, Record of Members (CR 375 8, reel 4709)
- "Arrival of Missionaries in Liverpool, Deseret News, 31 October 1860, 5.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.