- Birth Date
- 26 March 1844
- Death Date
- 26 February 1904
It appears that William sailed to America in 1855 on the ship Emerald Isle. No family members accompanied him.
His surname is shown as "Simmonds" on his death certificate and the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials database. His surname is "Simons" in his obituary.
- Age at Departure: 13
- Age at Departure: 22
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- "Another Pioneer Gone," Salt Lake Tribune, 29 Feb. 1904.
- Beck, Margaret Simmons Bennett, Sketch of Life of Margaret Simmons Bennett Beck, 3-4. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Captain Henry Chipman's Train, Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts, 1861-1868.
- "Mr. Wm. Simmons Dies," Lehi Banner, 1904-03-03, 1.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Utah County, death records, 1898-1966, Utah County, Utah, County Recorder Death register, 1898-1905
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.