- Birth Date
- 22 February 1819
- Death Date
- 4 March 1903
Tillman Berry Clifford
Tillman traveled to Utah using the surname Wriston. He also appears in the 1850 Utah census and the 1852 Bishop's Report under this surname. In 1855 he paid tithing in Box Elder County as Tilman Berry Wriston. Wriston was an adopted family surname which the family used during the time of their travel to Utah and for some years afterward; but they later changed their name back to Clifford. In the 1856 Utah Territorial census he is Tilman Clifford; in the Utah Territorial Militia records of 1857 he is Tilman Clifford of Box Elder; in 1860 he is "Gilman" Berry Clifford of Cache County. Although there isn't good roster documentation for Tillman being in the Markham company, available evidence proves that other members of his family traveled in this company, lending support to the idea that Tillman traveled with them.
- Age at Departure: 31
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- 1856 Utah Census, Box Elder County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Cache County.
- 1900 Idaho Census
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 7 March 1903, 9.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- "Tillman B. Clifford Dead" Journal History, 9 March 1903, 9.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.