- Birth Date
- 7 October 1788
- Death Date
- 7 October 1874
He started the trek west as a Captain of Fifty (perhaps under Captain Benjamin Hawkins) but became the leader of his own independent company. He came with his wife, 8 children, sons-in-law, daughter-in-law, and grand-children. His travel to Utah is confirmed by the obituary of his daughter, Jane Lake Ordway. See also the autobiographies of his son George and and his daughter Lydia Ann Lake Nelson.
- Age at Departure: 62
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Weber County.
- "Died," Davis County Clipper , 27 Dec. 1912, .
- "Emigration," Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 15 August 1850, 252-53.
- George Lake autobiography, 1894 May, 4-5.
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News, 7 March 1914, 2.
- Roberta Flake Clayton, Catherine H. Ellis, and David F. Boone, "Lydia Ann Lake Nelson," Pioneer Women of Arizona Second Edition (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1969 and 2017), 484.