- Birth Date
- 26 March 1830
- Death Date
- 18 November 1911
The Thomson family arrived in New York on 5 July 1866 via the ship American Congress. Although the overland company records only list heads of household, the notation that John purchased 6 1/2 adult food rations indicates that the rest of his family was with him during this portion of the journey as well. The balance on his PEF account also confirms this. Their travel to Utah in 1866 is also confirmed by son, James', obituary.
- Age at Departure: 36
- 1870 Utah Census.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Funeral Rites Monday for Pioneer Resident," Salt Lake Telegram , 1 Jan. 1927, .
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 367.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America