- Birth Date
- 12 January 1862
- Death Date
- 21 July 1916
Martha Ann Sweeting
Evidence from emigration, the obituary of George James Sweeting and his daughter Harriet prove that the Sweeting family traveled to Utah in 1868. They sailed to America in 1868 on the ship Colorado. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company with which they traveled to Utah.
Her death date is confirmed by her death certificate, which shows her name as "Martha A. Simpson." The inscription on her gravestone in Idaho confirms both her birth and death dates and also shows her name as "Martha A. Simpson."
- Age at Departure: 5
- 1870 Utah Census.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Nauvoo Temple, Sealings and Adoptions of the Living, 1846-1857.
- Find a Grave
- "Funeral Services for Coalville Pioneer," Inter-Mountain Republican, 30 July 1908, 3.
- Idaho Death Certificates, 1911-1937
- "Mrs. Harriet Clawson, Summit Pioneer, Is Dead at 95 Years," Summit County Bee and Park Record," 15 November 1962, 1.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America