- Birth Date
- 24 April 1802
- Death Date
- 26 October 1889
Ann appeared with her husband, William Clewley, and niece, Sarah Ann "Clewley" Brighyland, on the 1852 Iowa census in Pottawattamie County. (The census was taken before 6 July.) according to Ann's obituary), on 12 July 1852 near the Platte River. Additional research is needed to determine if he died on the trail and to identify the name of the pioneer company with which Ann and Sarah Ann crossed the plains. (Church ordinance records prove they were in Utah before 3 October 1852.) Upon reaching the valley, Ann was assigned to settle in Utah County.
Ann and her daughter Sarah Ann sailed to America in 1849 on the ship Zetland. The ship manifest shows their surname as "Clewley."
She was a member of the Salt Lake City 10th Ward when she was rebaptized 3 October 1852.
Her birth and death dates are confirmed by the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
The name of Ann's husband, William, appears on the ship manifest with Ann and their niece Sarah Ann.
Ann married Phineas Richards a few years after reach Utah.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- 1852 Iowa State Census.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- "Obituary," Woman's Exponent, 1 December 1889, 104.
- Presiding Bishopric immigrant location committee minutes, 1852 September 20-October 13.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Tenth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.