- Birth Date
- 15 October 1809
- Death Date
- 9 February 1878
The Cousin family came to America in 1851 via the ship Ellen Maria. The ship manifest shows their surname as "Couzins." Family sources indicate that they spent a year in St. Louis, met daughter Elizabeth there when she arrived in 1852, and traveled across the plains together. Further research is needed to determine the name of the pioneer company with which they traveled.
The Public Works Index places the family in Salt Lake City by 20 September 1852.
- Age at Departure: 42
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 20 Feb. 1878, 41.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Lehi Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Sarah," in Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols. [1958-77], 1:226-227
- Watt, Ronald G., Public Works Accounts Books Index , .