- Birth Date
- 6 November 1836
- Death Date
- 14 August 1871
Eliza Hannah Sermon
Eliza Hannah Serman
Eliza's "birth" date is the date of her infant baptism at Lambeth, Surry, England. At the time of the 1861 census of England she was a "general servant" in the household of Francis Clement in Lambeth. She received financial assistance from the Perpetual Emigrating Fund and crossed the Atlantic on the ship Underwriter in 1861; on the passenger list she is listed as a "spinster." Eliza was rebaptized in the Salt Lake City Thirteenth Ward on 17 October 1861 and soon married John King. For a copy of her death notice see the memories section of her entry in FamilyTree. In some sources her surname is spelled "Serman".
- Age at Departure: 24
- "England, Surrey Parish Registers, 1536-1992," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QGZP-9SRB : 16 March 2018)
- England and Wales Census, 1861.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Account 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 139.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Sixteenth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.