- Birth Date
- 21 March 1824
- Death Date
- 8 March 1879
Michael's daughter, Jane Eliza, recorded a reminiscence in which she indicated that she, her father, her step-mother, and her step-sister all readied themselves to traveled to the Valley in 1854. However, Michael's step-daughter, Eliza Jane Isherwood, is not specifically mentioned on the trail, nor does she appear with the rest of the family in the 1860 census, so it is uncertain if she died shortly before the family left, en route, or shortly after arriving in the Valley. Further research is needed. In some sources his given name is spelled Mikel.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- "Chief Knight's Mother Dies," Salt Lake Telegram, 28 October 1938, 7.
- "Died," Deseret News, 12 March 1879, 96.
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Jackson, Ronald Vern, Salt Lake City, Utah, Tax List 1854-61, Salt Lake City, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems, Inc.
- Jane Eliza Holden Knight, Biographical information relating to Mormon pioneer overland travel database, 2003-2017.
- Ninth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.