- Birth Date
- 18 December 1823
- Death Date
- 13 May 1895
Evidence from emigration records and the birth of a child in Wyoming in September 1856 proves the Larsen family traveled to Utah in 1856. The parish register lists his birth as Johan Laursen. He came with his brothers, Christian and Lars. He also came with his wife, Ane Katrine Jorgensen and children Christina Margrete, Sarah and John. A son Joseph was born on the trail.
John's obituary which appears in FamilyTree, written by his brother, Lauritz describes the family's travel in the Hodgetts Company, including the birth and death of their son Joseph. See: https://familysearch.org/photos/artifacts/23081998?p=8553515&returnLabel=Joseph%20Larsen%20(KWVG-NV9)&returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Ftree%2Fperson%2FKWVG-NV9%2Fmemories
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 5.
- Parish Register of Grejs, Vejle, Denmark.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 330.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- W. B. Hodgetts Company report, 1856.