- Birth Date
- 2 January 1843
- Death Date
- 4 May 1946
Charles William Seegmiller
Evidence from census, genealogical and church records proves that Charles traveled to Utah in 1866 or 1867. The 1900 Utah Census lists him coming to the United States from Canada in 1866, but the first documentation to place him in Utah is his marriage in February 1868, which was prior to the arrival of that season's emigration. The newspaper article regarding his 100th birthday states that he "made the trek to the United States and across the plains to Utah, following the death of his father," which occurred in November 1859. Further research is needed to determine the year he came to Utah and the name of the company he traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Charles W. Seegmiller, Utah's Oldest Resident, Dies at 103," Salt Lake Tribune , 6 May 1946, 9.
- "Charles W. Seegmiller Dies At Age Of 103," Deseret News , 6 May 1946, 14.
- "Death of a Centenarian Charles W. Seegmiller," Salt Lake Tribune , 7 May 1945, 6.
- "Elderly St. George Farmer Can Still Read Without His Glasses," Deseret News , 20 Aug. 1942,
- "He Came In 1866," in Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols. [1958-77], 7:380.
- "So. Utah Pioneer Passes 100th Birthday," Kane County Standard , 8 Jan. 1843, 1.
- Utah Death Certificates.