- Birth Date
- 4 January 1817
- Death Date
- 18 April 1907
James served in the Mormon Battalion. In 1850, he traveled from California to the Sandwich Islands on a mission as indicated on New FamilySearch/Family Tree.
After his mission to the Sandwich Islands, he traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Amasa M. Lyman Company in 1855 as indicated in James Keeler’s Journals.
He was again called on a mission to the Sandwich Islands in 1857, and traveled home at the end of that mission with the Freeman Tanner Company in 1858 as indicated in his journals.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Age at Departure: 40
- Allred, Reddin Alexander, Journal 1855 Mar.-1863 Mar.
- "James Keeler is Summoned," The Richfield Reaper , 25 Apr. 1907, .
- Keeler, Eliza Shelton, Autobiography and journal, [ca. 1886-1898], 10-12.
- Keeler, James, Journals, 1850-1859; 1876-1890, vol. 4.
- Keeler, James, Journals, 1850-1859; 1876-1890.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.