- Birth Date
- 21 May 1831
- Death Date
- 3 August 1904
Evidence from emigration and genealogical records proves that the Camomile family traveled to Utah in either 1858 or 1859. Daniel sailed to America in 1857 on the ship George Washington. He married a fellow passenger, Emma Palmer, in Missouri, and a child was born to them in 1858. The first documentation to place this family in Utah is a re-baptism for Daniel on 9 Oct. 1859, this according to information in the Salt Lake City Eleventh Ward record of members. Daniel enlisted in the Utah Territorial Militia on 14 June 1860. In the 1860 Utah census the family surname is spelled "Caunmomile." Further research is needed to determine the year they came to Utah and the name of the company they traveled with.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Head of Household
- 11th Ward, Record of Members
- 1860 Utah census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- Directory of Individuals Residing in Salt Lake City Wards, 1854-1861 , Bountiful, UT.: Accelerated Indexing Systems, 1982 (Early Mormon Series), vol. 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966