- Birth Date
- 6 January 1849
- Death Date
- 22 December 1917
The Jackson family arrived in New York on 14 July 1868 via the ship John Bright. Harriet’s autobiography indicates that they crossed the plains with the John Murdock company that same year. Her autobiography indicates that only seven of the eleven surviving children immigrated to America in 1868. However, the John Bright passenger list roster clearly shows Mary and John with nine of their children.
His name is "Hyrum Samuel" on the death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Autobiography of Harriet Jackson-Bahr-Brooks-Smith in "Harriet Jackson" in Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel Database.
- Lehi Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 3599.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger D, p. 81.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificates.