- Birth Date
- 7 November 1863
- Death Date
- 19 January 1917
Moses Joshua Jackson
The Jackson family arrived in New York on 14 July 1868 via the ship John Bright. Harriet’s autobiography indicates that they crossed the plains with the John Murdock company that same year. Her autobiography indicates that only seven of the eleven surviving children immigrated to America in 1868. However, the John Bright passenger list roster clearly shows Mary and John with nine of their children..
He was baptised in the Lehi Ward on 6 September 1874, at which time his birth date was recorded as 30 December 1863. His death certificate shows his full name as "Moses Joseph Jackson," but the record taken at the time of his baptism, when both he and his parents were still living is clearly notated as "Moses Joshua."
- Age at Departure: 4
- 1870 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Find a Grave
- Harriet Jackson, Biographical information relating to Mormon pioneer overland travel database, 2003-2017.
- Lehi Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger D, p. 81.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America