- Birth Date
- 23 January 1828
- Death Date
- 16 February 1908
The Cushing family arrived in New York on 5 July 1866 via the ship the American Congress. Though overland company records only list Robert, as head of household, the notation showing that he purchased five adult food rations indicates that his family was with him during this part of the journey as well. Further research is needed to identify who the fifth food ration was for. Lenora Bailey's PEF records indicates it may have been her, while Thompson records seem to link Louisa Houchen with the Cushing family.
The amount charged to Robert's PEF account also indicates there were at least four in this traveling group.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Owens, G., "Salt Lake City Directory, 1867."
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 348.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.