- Birth Date
- 8 July 1824
- Death Date
- 1 August 1910
The Reid family initially planned to travel with the Daniel D. McArthur Company. However, they were detained in Florence while James Reid recovered from a gunshot wound. They joined the Willie Company, which left Florence more than four weeks later.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Enoch Train.
- Age at Departure: 31
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Daniel Duncan McArthur Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-September.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 176.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 31.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 160.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America