- Birth Date
- 25 December 1844
- Death Date
- 16 June 1921
The Reid family initially planned to travel with the Daniel D. McArthur Company. However, they were detained in Florence while James Reid recovered from a gunshot wound. They joined the Willie Company, which left Florence more than four weeks later.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Enoch Train.
- Age at Departure: 11
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Daniel Duncan McArthur Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-September.
- "Hand Cart Pioneer Laid at Final Rest," Deseret News , 21 June 1921, 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- "Handcart Vets Hold Reunion," Deseret Evening News, 3 October 1907, 11.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 31.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 September 1856, 34.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 160.
- Utah Death Certificates.