- Birth Date
- 10 March 1810
- Death Date
- 22 January 1896
Jeremiah Thomas Baker
He sailed to America with his family in 1856. We know from journals that his wife, Adelaide, left the Willie company on July 19 and returned to it the next day to take two of her children with her. Although documentation is scant, it appears that Jeremiah continued on in the company, but dropped out en route in Iowa and never went to Utah.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- 1860 Iowa Census
- "An old citizen gone," Oberlin News , 27 Jan. 1896.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 5 January 1908.
- Levi Savage journal, 1855 March-1858 October.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Ohio, County Death Records, 1840-2001.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 200.
- "Synopsis of the Fourth Hand Cart Company's Trip from England to G.S.L. City in 1856." In Historian's Office history of the Church, 1839-circa 1882, 9 November 1856, 966-83.