- Birth Date
- 24 December 1839
- Death Date
- 19 January 1901
The Whitworth family arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. Though the Thompson company records only list the head of household, it also indicates that Jeff purchased 6 1/2 adult food rations for the journey, indicating that his family continued with him on the overland journey as well. PEF records also confirm they made the trip with him.
In the 1870 Utah census he is listed as "Jepra."
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- "Captain Daniel Thompson's (of Fillmore) Company." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book 1866 1868.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Owens, G., "Salt Lake City Directory, 1867."
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Bonds and Promissory Notes
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886 Ledger B, p. 368.